Penny

My photo
I'm a retired attorney, mother of three, Grandma, Samoyed mom, beekeeper, swarm catcher, quilter and lover of all things Oklahoma.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Quilt Doodling



 I've been out in the studio, practicing freehand quilt stitches. 


I was pleased with how the flower turned out and will probably use it, again.  The scribble to the right was mainly just playing with the difference in texture.  The raised squiggles were just there for relief. 













 This is not the best picture but I really enjoy this particular design:


 Another raised squiggle that doesn't look too hot - just used it to practice the background around it:
 


A nonsensical block that I did when I should have been eating lunch and getting my blood sugar back up!






 I love bubbles but the raised part is absurd:
These are all freehand scribbles - next week, I'll probably spend some practice time using templates.  

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete